I’m not exactly sure why I didn’t blog the rest of my trip. It’s a first! I know… When I came back I went to the doc and my blood pressure was 96/60 – LOW! And ever since the trip I haven’t quite been able to get ‘back.’ So it’s left me wondering… “what’s it all about, Elsie?” Pray tell cause all I know is i want more of whatever THAT was…
Flashback to Cane Garden Bay, Tortola where we left off. I’m sitting on the deck of Rhymers and I have NO idea what day it is, what time it is and frankly I couldn’t care less. I’m here w/ my roommate Cathy and we’ve been keeping time by nights. Night 1, Night 2, Night 3 …. and if it’s Night 4 it’s our last Night and we’ve gotta go tomorrow. Do people that live here keep time? I’m wondering if life can get better?!? Maybe I’ve found a little slice of paradise, yes yes that’s what it must be.
…And then it’s gone but a few favorites to remember:
* Myett’s Happy Hour w/ Myett’s Delight & Malibu Diets. Apply caution.
* Dance to Cap-Eye’s band and what the heck was that frog instrument thing??
* ‘The Tree,’ I mean seriously it’s a hazard to have a tree growing out of the middle of a bar.
* Tortola Dirt, it goes on EVERYTHING
* Those hot island boys do too
* Dance barefoot @ The Bomba Shack, avoid staring at the size 20 furry underware hanging from the rafters.
* Grilled Cheese over Gin Rummy when it rains
* Baby Bull, just find the green shack.
* Soggy Dollars Painkillers… the helpful multi-functioned cure.
* White Bay Beach on Jost Van Dyke
* Myett’s Bruschetta every.single.night. doesn’t disappoint.
* The swings at Elm Beach
….. and then back to Puerto Rico. changed.
The run-down from here…..
* I can no longer think straight and therefore can not speak Spanish after returning from the BVIs
* New Years Eve bonfire w/ the Argentinians. Love. it.
* PRH3 doesn’t dissapoint with the Hangover Hash! Ole Yelllllla, babyyyyyy!
* Just say no to anything foreign related.
* La Sheisha!
* Wave jumping in the Caribbean is still hazardous to bathing suits
* Don’t expect to get a taxi into VSJ the night before an inauguration
* Dinners at museums rock!
* Nando’s new sail boat inspires “our household needs a sailboat”
* I can never leave PR on any amount of sleep. Sleep is overrated anyway i suppose.
And a few lessons:
* No phone. No Facebook. peace.
* simplify. simplify. and then happiness.
* S p e a k s l o w l y in Tortola
* sponteneity and randomness still rules.
* Locals are the way to go.
* Don’t be jaded.
* i’m coming back. no question.
I truly believe that you get out what you put into life. I’ve put in a lot and am “Livin the life, every single day” – yes? yes. But somethings changed. I don’t know yet what it is, but something big. And I can’t seem to shake it…
Where to next? Machu Picchu Baby! But I’ll be back. Promise.