I’ve been doing a bit of spring cleaning… Oh I’ve had more fun than I can even describe. I’ve sifted through everything… including old school essays written about the skating days, to motivational quotes I’d written down on my binder in b-school. It made me think; perhaps I should share some of other people’s wisdom that has helped inspire me. And so here are 25 of my most favorite quotes:
- Today is better than two tomorrows — Buddhist saying
- Study as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. – Isidore of Seville
- To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. – Tennyson’s “Ulysses”
- Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- It’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. – Abe Lincoln
- Age is only a number and mine’s unlisted. – Miss Leslie Reedy on birthdays
- I haven’t failed. I’ve simply found 10,000 ways that do not work. – Thomas Edison
- Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great. – John D Rockefeller
- Don’t find fault, find a remedy. – Henry Ford
- Time and tide wait for no man. – St. Mahrer
- Be the change you want to see in the world. – Ghandi
- For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move. – Robert Louis Stevenson
- The greatest pleasure in life, is doing the things people say we cannot do.– Walter Bagehot
- Come quickly! I am tasting stars! – Dom Perignon, “discovering” champagne (he wasn’t the first actually)
- Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances. -Thomas Jefferson
- Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with them. – Sex in the City
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
- Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you’d better be running. –Anon
- Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. — Dorie, Finding Nemo
- Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled. – Robert Frost
- I don’t mind living in a man’s world as long as I can be a woman in it. – Marilyn Monroe
- Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance. Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion. – Martha Graham
- We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. – Sam Keen
- Other people may not have high expectations of me, but I have high expectations for myself. — Shannon Miller
- Go out there and show these judges. Now chin-up… you’re on. – Coach Brenda
There you have it… What can I say, I love quotes.